How To Save On Cooling Cost
- Install a whole house fan: Whole house fans can quickly cool down a home when the temperatures outside are at least 10 degrees cooler than inside and it creates a refreshing breeze.
- Seal air leaks: Check for air leaks around windows, doors and other areas and seal them with caulking or weather stripping.
- Insulate your home: Insulate your home to reduce heat transfer from the outside.
- Use shading devices: Install shading devices like curtains, blinds, or shades on windows to reduce heat gain.
- Set the thermostat to a higher temperature: Increase the temperature on your thermostat by a few degrees to reduce cooling costs.
- Upgrade to energy efficient air conditioning: Consider upgrading to an Energy Star certified air conditioner.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance can help keep your air conditioning system running efficiently and reduce energy consumption.